Friday 10 February 2012

DAISY DAY 7

Yesterday Daisy got a new cage :)
Its not the best cage for a Budgie, but much bigger than the one she was in...
Its quite high, and I was a little worried she would hurt herself if she fell of a perch.. so I layed newspaper in the bottom for softer landing. But she has become really good at climbing and seems much happier :)
I think she knows now she is safe, she preens herself lots and talks to Kirby and Charlie, she also will eat Millet from my hand now whenever I offer it to her, and doesn't get afraid when I open the cage door.
She is also learning a little to play with her toys! 


Every day I'm looking to see if she has pin feathers hoping her tail feathers will grow back, but I'm preparing myself in case they don't and I'm sure now she will get more confident and live a happy life here even if she can't fly.




here is a pic of Daisy in her new cage :) 




its such a mansion compared to what she used to be in. and the top opens up to turn into a play gym above the cage, so when her quarantine is done and she is a little more tame I will try letting her out and see if she likes sitting up there :)









No comments:

Post a Comment