Monday 6 February 2012

Daisy

Today is the third day Daisy has been here...
she's not showing signs of being very comfortable, and doesn't move around the cage much.
When I had Charlie this is when I started the millet training, and Charlie started progressing immediately.


But Daisy is a very scared budgie, she has no confidence and hasn't even been exploring her cage much she just sits on the perch.


I had to get her out again today because she had poo on her bottom again.. that's a bad sign and I don't know why it would be happening.. Maybe stress and she isn't preening herself properly.


On a closer look she is also missing several flight feathers from one of her wings... This pretty much tells me its not French moult or cause by a moult because when budgies moult they lose the same amount of feathers on each wing.
So I'm now thinking she has either been frightened by a cat or dog, or handled really badly. Budgie's will lose feathers if being chased by a dog or cat under stress and to try and confused the cat/dog.


Anyway I will keep trying to make her feel safe and trust me, but its a little hard when I keep having to grab her and take her out of the cage to clean her up.


I will most likely be taking her to the vet if things don't improve within a week or so in case she has some other problem. But I'm thinking its just stress.
I think it would really calm her to be able to go near Kirby and Charlie but I just can't risk that at the moment.











No comments:

Post a Comment