Tuesday 14 February 2012

budgie update

Daisy



Daisy is on day 11 on Quarantine, I feel like she has been here longer than that.
She is showing no signs of illness and is preening and looking after herself well.
I can get her to eat millet from my hand and I'm working with her to step up onto a perch while she is in the cage which she does sometimes when she is feeling confident.
she is still quite afraid though, and I think she may be scared of the clicker :/

otherwise she is doing great settling in playing with her toys more now- especially her mirror toy with the bells on it. She only falls of the perch every now and then if she gets a fright, but doesn't seem to hurt herself and just climbs back up to her perch.
I'm hoping that her training will keep going good and things will start to improve with her getting used to my hands!


Kirby and Charlie

Target training (using clicker training) is going great for Kirby & Charlie, they are both very smart at touching the target and getting their treat and try to race each other to get to the target stick first.
I want to move on and start training them outside of the cage, possibly targeting them to a perch and then eventually getting them to target to me- fly to me :)
But this will probably take some time, since their attention span isn't very high :P and if they aren't in the mood to learn I just imagine them flying all over the room paying no attention to me! haha but I can try! lol




No comments:

Post a Comment